In The Limelight

Our In The Limelight interview is with Jama. You can visit her at Sweet Memories.



Photography


When did the photo bug bite you?

It was in the year of 2001 when I got my first digital camera. I was always interested in photography since in my teens but developing photos was quiet expensive for a teen with limited budget, so most photos are usually of friends and family. With digital camera I was able to capture all things beauty, well, at least in my eyes, and not burn a big hole in my pockets as most photos are not developed but stored in my hard disk.


What was your first camera and what do you use now?

My first film camera was a Kodak,can’t remember it’s model .The first digital camera was just a cheap camera from the brand Orite, it happen to be on offer and the darling husband offered to buy it for me. It was a big mistake, as after experimenting with it for a year, I wanted a better camera. From Orite I upgraded to another point and shoot from Casio, Sony and eventually a prosumer camera Canon S5.All photos I shared in my blog were taken with Canon S5. I just purchased a DSLR Pentax Kr a few weeks ago and still experimenting with it.


What are your favorite subjects to photograph?

Nature and flowers...I try to bring out the beauty in life through photography.


What aspect of your photography are you working on? Trying to improve?

I’m a very much beginner in the world of DSLR, (digital Single Lens Reflex) still got a lot of learning to do, especially with my new camera.



Blogging

Blogging since ……

I’ve been blogging since 2004, but it was a photo blog which I still upload occasionally


What does blogging mean to you now?

Blogging is  great way to connect with people and share photos…, at the same time learning from each other.


Do you have a favorite time of the day to write posts?

In the afternoon, usually after all household chores are done.


What are you favorite places to visit on the web that aren’t blogs?

There’s an online parenting forum that I’ve been visiting since it was launch in the year 2000. Most members were from the same country, and we had regular meet ups. Quiet a number of the members are now my good friend sharing the same interest in Photography. I also love to see others photos for inspirations.

 
Personal

Which adjectives best describe you?

Quiet, reserved, shy…..that’s best described me! That’s why this is just a short interview from me since I can be an introvert at times.


What are your basic stats that you would like to share?

I’m 53 and a mother of 2 young men aged 30 and 23.


Thank you so much for your interview Jama!

Comments

  1. great interview, very interesting and i popped over to visit her cell phone photos today. they are great shots from a cell

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very nice Jama, the shock of my day is that you are 53, my mind picture of you was of a young mother, where did I get that idea. prabalbly the shyness coming acrossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jama, I'm shocked as Gigner is. You have such a young spirit. I like learning about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger and JarieLyn, if you see me personally from a distance, you would never believe I'm 53 because I'm so petite! The 2 sons are walking giant next to me!! lol. Just don't come nearer then you'll see all my wrinkles! kekekekkeke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Jama, I always assumed you were a young thing too! Nice interview.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: